For the third-year in a row we are excited to present our UFO Day on Saturday, July 21st from 11:00am – 6:00pm at Captain’s Cove Seaport in Bridgeport! For 2012 we have added several new events both taking place in-person at UFO Day as well as online through planned “virtual webcast” features which will invite people from anywhere to tune in and take part in live streaming video, online chats, and other activities. Of course, the best part of UFO Day are the events people can attend at Captain’s Cove, which include crafts for kids, displays and presentations about UFOs, Extraterrestrial theories, investigations, and other aspects of research, as well as contests throughout the afternoon.The best part of all is that admission to Captain’s Cove and UFO Day events is completely FREE! Here‘s a rundown of what’s taking place this year…
At UFO Day –
- Visitors (from all planets) can check out a multimedia “traveling exhibit” packed with information on Connecticut UFOs both historical and recent cases, video clips of incidents which remain “unexplained,” interviews with astronauts, pilots, and scientists on their views of the UFO phenomena, and get a hands-on look at just how investigators from the SGRA track local sightings.
- Interactive discussions will take place every hour inviting visitors to hear from the staff of the SGRA on aspects of UFO research from local cases, to the methods of investigating, to different viewpoints on what’s really behind the sightings of strange craft in the skies.
- Kids of all ages can take part in fun craft activities, including creating their own UFOs, designing an alien, creating crop circles, and so much more.
Online Events -
- A live streaming online chat will take place throughout the afternoon, manned by members of the SGRA Staff who will be online to answer your questions about UFO history, research, and theories. Jump in anytime by simply visiting our homepage and clicking the “Go Chat” button (button will only appear when chatroom is active).
- At 4:00pm we will stream a video “webcast” from UFO Day which will be an interactive online event inviting people from anywhere to view a behind-the-scenes look at UFO Day as it happens. SGRA Director Jon Nowinski will be on the webcast discussing how UFO Day came out, what its purpose is, and the way in which it is presented. He will also answer any questions from online participants regarding the event or the SGRA’s investigations and research into UFO phenomena.
1 Bostwick Ave